Saturday, March 19, 2005

ebay crazy

I went on ebay for the first time last week. I went a bit crazy. It's so easy to want to "win" and I bought a couple of things that I realize I don't "need" (like we really "need" yarn) and don't even have any project planned for. So I've got about 15lbs of yarn headed to my house in the next week or so. :) I've got a buch of white and two different greens, and some burgandy that the seller still hasn't accepted my paypal on yet.

I'm thinking I might try dying the white yarn (it's bulky weight New Zealand Wool) and Felting with all of the white and the green. I had a bunch of projects I wanted to felt and was a bit put off after my first trip to the LYS to purchase wool for just one of them ($37 for a single purse??) So if I can do some felt projects in bulk bought yarn I'll feel a lot better. I guess it all depends on initial swatch tests.

I was KIP last knight outside a theatre where I finished the 12th row of my 4th round of the middle part of my clapotis. Since the middle is 12 rounds long and I'm starting the 5th I'm getting really close to the 1/2 way point and far too close to finishing off my 2nd skein (which if it doesn't last through the 6th round means I'll be a bit short. Oops! I thought I would need 3 skeins, so I bought 4...and I'm still cutting it close.

Reading: Finished Blood Chronicles, waiting for Lasher to come in at the library, got 2 new books from Kennly "How to survive in Business without a penis" and "How to work when your boss is an idiot"
Eating: Pizza galore last night, ravioli tonight
Doing: Clapotis, helping the packers, need to start buttonhole purse if I'm to finish before they leave Wednesday

No comments: