Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Learning new things everyday

So I went to SnB last night and mentioned to the girl who had recommended them that I had just rec'd my new Denise needles. I showed her the swatch I felted for the purse I'm going to do and suddenly I got boatloads of felting tips.

Now I had been doing my online research on felting and thought I had a pretty good handle on it, but these ladies doubled my knowledge. Amongst the gems of knowledge rec'd: pour boiling water into the wash if it's not felting fast enough, shock it every now by taking it out and plunging it in cold water, don't add too much soap, if you are getting holes and you knit one size needles down you won't have to felt as long but will end up with exactly the same size.

I'm really excited to get started on the buttonhole purse for my friend Kennly
Kennly
and I showed her the swatch yesterday and she seemed to like it. YAY!

I'm almost to the 1/2 way point on my Clapotis (from Knitty.com in cypress green mohair) and I'm still loving it. I just wish I could drop stitches more often. I was looking at a pattern in SnB Nation (which I won off of General Ginger's blog!) for a scarf where you get to drop a bunch of stitches every 4th row. That sounds like fun! I'm also considering trying out some lace projects--but they really scare me I'm certain I'll get to the 15th row of some complex pattern and drop a stitch and not be able to pick it up and have to frog it--and that will happen 3 or 4 times and I'll give up.

Okay, I need to go home and knit now :)

Reading: The Blood Chronicles- Anne Rice
Eating: Only after sunset (funny how that ties in with what I'm reading)
Doing: Helping Sean and Kennly pack

No comments: