Saturday, November 12, 2005

Knit Picks...friend or foe

They offer amazing prices, allowing me to buy almost twice as much as I might otherwise...and I'm not sure that's a good thing. I think that cost is one of the things that keeps me from knitting 24-7 and delving too deep into obsession.

Thankfully I ordered some things that were out of stock, so I can have a couple of weeks to anticipate them coming in and keep my pace a bit more restrained.
______________________

My co-worker mentioned today that my productivity had increased, and she couldn't believe how much I was getting done...procrastination= mother of all motivators for doing things that were much further down the list than the object of procrastination.--> Term paper= very clean bathroom, and clean dishes, Cleaning out the garage= finally organizing your books by subject and author, Novel to write= 2 completed knitting projects, 3 more started, cleaned out files, windexed windows and vacuumed floors at work.
____________________

Oh, so new projects that I'm looking at include:
Cropped Bolero Vest--although I'm still not sure how this could require 468 yards of BULKY weight wool...maybe they're hiding more in the back--maybe the back is entirely ribbed or something. Weird.


Next thought? Something fuzzy. I'm thinking of a bolero like the one sweaterbabe has up and that Linda just made (see her's in her blog-on my list), or the Grecian Plait sweater from Knitty, or the Spiderweb Capelet from SnB, or maybe just lacy, fuzzy scarves. Good times.

Back to novel writing.

No comments: