Saturday, November 26, 2005

Buttons

While home for Thanksgiving I spied my grandmother's button box and asked if I could go through it and pick out some for myself. She said I could and I stayed up until 1AM sorting buttons by color and materials (plastic, shell, metal).

My mom was proud to share her button stash as well and pulled out a rusty tin full of buttons the next day and sorted them with me.

So now I'm sinking further into knitting nerd-dom with a button stash. I photographed some of the more interesting ones last night.



These two were my favorite buttons. They are metal with a shell insert. Unfortunately the metal is pretty rusty, but I think I can get the majority of it off and then seal it and it should be fine.



More Buttons



These were my second favorite...so unique










A landscape of buttons is a beautiful thing













I'm ready for future cardigans and shrugs now.

No comments: