Thursday, November 03, 2005

Knitting, Writing, and Reading

So last night, while procrastinating from my novel writing I picked up my size 13s and some novelty yarns and started a knittin'. I finished off the novelty yarn I was using about 1/2 way through a scarf, so I'll have to go shopping if I want to finish it.

I haven't been working on my second Tivoli/Picovoli Tee for a while, but I have update pictures I can post later, as it's more than 1/2 way done now and looking to be a good learning experience for me. (Making up how to make cap sleeves should be interesting.)



And today...arriving at work I found the book I ordered on Amazon a week or so ago and spent several hours pouring over the patterns. It's the "The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Chrochet Stitches" by the Publishers of Reader's Digest. Lots of great patterns and techniques. I'm thinking of using the Fir Cone pattern or the Flickering Flame to make a Shawl/Scarf/Wrap thing for my mom out of a nice laceweight alpaca yarn I got from Knit Picks! I'm just going to compare the patterns to the Birch/Kiri pattern everyone has been working on to figure out the gauge I want to do it at.

But knitting really IS supposed to be put on the back burner while I novel this month! (I have a feeling it will be my best source of procrastination from novelling though)

Oh, so if you want to check out my novel go to The Life and Imminent Death of Simon Frank