Sunday, May 14, 2006

FOs & UFOs*...Look out Big Kids

Perhaps I can give the big kids a run for their money...or at least their yarn.

So my green lace scarf was completed and blocked in just over 3 weeks (!!!) and I'm starting to consider considering myself a fairly good-paced knitter. I know that part of my speed is due to projects becoming all-consuming and my loyal work on that single project taking up as much of my time as possible when I'm inspired by it, but nonetheless I have been finishing a good number of projects this year--4 fairly complicated scarves, one felted bag and a couple of hats (six-plus projects finished in the first five and a half months ain't bad.)And I'm happy with my work.

Pictures will be up of the green lace scarf soon (I finally sent the camera in for repairs this week), but I'm still trying to decide if I want to leave the pattern as it is, or try to figure out something different for the end border. (It looks quite different from the beginning border right now, and I'm not sure I'm okay with that.) I'll be meeting with my knitting posse tonight and will be getting my feedback and making a decision about whether I 'cut the cord' and weave in the ends, or rip back and try something new with the border.

I've started work on the Tubey sweater and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my color combination! I keep holding it up and smiling and making my co-worker agree with me about its beauty (poor thing, she's so knittundated). I'm also overly anxious, so rather than finishing one sleeve and then picking up the provisional cast on edge and starting the second I'm 3/4 of the way through one sleeve and a little less than halfway through the second. It's quite possible I'll start the body before either sleeve has been finished. I'll share pics soon!

*FO= Finished Object
UFO= Unfinished Object



Visit my Non-Knitting blog here

No comments: