Friday, May 05, 2006

Goodness Gracious....Great Balls of Yarn!

Did I mention that my ball winder and swift came in the mail yesterday? No? Blame it on the tiredness....I was up until about 1:30 in the morning winding balls of yarn and then couldn't leave for work today until I'd wound about 3 more. I'm in love with the magic of a beautifully wound ball. I can't wait to go thrift store shopping and pick up some sweaters for unravelling!

In other news...Do you have yarn that you hate? I myself have a stash of inherited craft yarn that is not only hideously bright, and made of nasty acrylic, but it's also heineously scratchy. What is the point of using acrylic if it's going to be scratchy? So I've been wondering if I'd have to resort to massive God's Eye creationism, or to taking up making macrame hanging plant holders in order to rid myself of this yarn when I realized its perfect use...here it is the only thing that wouldn't complain about scratchy acrylics in way too bright colors...inanimate objects























Visit my Non-Knitting blog here

No comments: