Thursday, April 28, 2005

I love mail!

I just rec'd my Cascade 220 from WEBS and the blue/green color I got is GORGEOUS and is perfect with the 10ply heavyweight Chuckanut Bay yarn I have for felting as well. Now I just have to decide on a project. I'm trying to decide between slippers and a purse. I'd easily just say purse (as it's a bit warm for slippers now) but I have one felted slipper pattern and 5 or more felted purse patterns and don't like having to jump from one choice into 5 choices.

Does anyone have good Felt-For-Summer patterns?

My Yoga Mat bag is 3/4 finished and my Feather Lace shawl is 1/2 done, and both were started within the past week and a half! Zoom! I love how quickly lace builds up!

In other news...

I'm super excited about my upcoming vacation to SF and NY. I'm just scared all my knitting projects will be over and I'll have to come up with new ones for the trip. *mock gasp of horror*

I'm also considering introducing knitting terminology into my daily vocabulary.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Oh, I don't know, a bit drop stitchy." ( I'm losing it/A bit spaced out)

"Chunky...with slubs"(It's a bad hair day, a bad face day, and I think I might have gained 10lbs at lunch)

"Mohairish"(Please Don't disturb me, or I'll leave a trail of shit everywhere )

"I feel like ripping a sweater and knitting a cozy"(I've lost all sanity and I'm joining a cult)

"I've had worsted days, but today's a bit lacy."(Everything is a bit harder today, and I might as well be knitting laceweight with toothpicks)

What do you think?...yeah, me too...but it would be fun.

2 comments:

General Ginger said...

I'm trying to figure out how long it will take to get my Webs order. Its been a week...patience. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new responses to that age old question. Just think the looks you would get from non knitters.
chrisknits